Are you new to fishing and don’t know what to buy or how to set it up? Are you thinking about buying a boat and have no idea where to start? Should you buy new or should you buy used? These are great questions you should ask before investing your money into fishing and boating.
You could watch videos online and get some ideas, but are you getting the answers you need from a qualified person who has the experience to help you with your personal needs?
365 Charters can help! Doug has extensive knowledge on fishing in the Pacific Northwest and beyond and loves to help others be successful with boating and fishing. Specifically, we can help with:
- Rod and Reel Selection – What rod and reel you need for the various Pacific Northwest fish species and how you intend to fish it.
- Tackle – What tackle do you actually need? Many folks purchase way too much tackle and never use it. We can help you save time and money with effective tackle selection.
- Technique – Whether you want to perfect your bass fishing techniques or you want to get better at your salmon and steelhead techniques for the river, we can help. When you master your technique, you will catch more fish.
- Bass Fishing – Are you new to bass fishing? Have you successfully bass fished in other parts of the country but are having a hard time catching bass in Western Washington? We have the answers you need!
- Downriggers – Are you ready to fish at a controlled depth for salmon, kokanee, trout, and more? There is a lot more to downriggers than most anglers think. Doug will get you dialed into fishing with downriggers in a way that will ensure you are fast, efficient, and safe. Doug is a Factory Pro-Staff member for Cannon downriggers. Doug has also used every downrigger brand. He would love to help you with your specific downrigger use.
- Humminbird Electronics – Are you using Humminbird Helix, Solix or Apex electronics? Doug is a Factory Pro-Staff member for Humminbird, Cannon and Minn-Kota electronics. He can help with your electronics needs.
- Boat Purchase/Buying – Buying a boat, whether new or used, can be stressful. We have bought and sold many, many boats and more importantly maintain and run a minimum of three boats ourselves. We can help advise you on your boat purchase. We can offer sound input as to whether the boat is seaworthy and what is needed to bring the boat up to your standards of operation and use. While we cannot guarantee a particular vessel, with our support you can be confident in your purchase knowing you did not buy unneeded features or worse, a lemon. If your vessel purchase requires an insurance survey (typically required for boats 30′ and over) we can help find a surveyor near you.
- Vessel Trailering – Trailering a new boat? Buy a new truck? Every boat trailer and truck combination is little different to maneuver. Let us help you master trailering your boat to take the worry out of towing your investment.
- Boat Launching – Whether you plan on fishing the river, a lake, or Puget Sound, launching and take-out can be challenging. If you trailer a boat and are new to launching a boat, we can help you learn to maneuver like a pro at the busy public boat launches. We will teach you how to launch your boat by yourself. That way, when something goes wrong (and it will), you will maintain your composure under pressure and look like a seasoned professional.
- Anchoring – Do you want to anchor in the Columbia River or anywhere else? Anchoring can range from tricky to downright dangerous. We have extensive anchoring experience and are happy to teach you how to succeed in anchoring.
- Docking – Did you buy a boat and have slip for it and are new to docking your boat? We can help you learn to easily dock your boat, both single- and twin-engine vessels.